TIPS for Personal Safety - especially ladiesBecause of recent abductions in daylight hours, refresh yourself of these things to do in an emergency situation…This is for you,and for you to share with your wife, your children,everyone you know.
1 . Tip from Tae Kwon Do :The elbow is the strongest point on your body.If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse,DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM .Toss it away from you….chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you,and he will go for the wallet/purse.RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the holeand start waving like crazy.The driver won’t see you, but everybody else will.This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc.) DON’T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and thisis the perfect opportunity for him to get inon the passenger side, put a gun to your head,and tell you where to go.
AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR,LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.
If someone is in the car with a gun/parang to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF!Instead start the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car.Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it.As soon as the car crashes get out and run.It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.
5 . A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seatB.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door.
Some serial killers attack their victimsby pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars..C.) Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alonein the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back and get someone -guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)
6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs.(Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot.This is especially true at NIGHT!)
7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control,ALWAYS RUN!The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then,it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ.RUN, Preferably in a zig -zag pattern!
8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic:STOPIt may get you raped, or killed.Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS playedon the sympathy of unsuspecting women.He walked with a cane, or a limp, and oftenasked ‘for help’ into his vehicle or with his vehicle,which is when he abducted his next victim.
9. Another Safety Point:Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was lateand she thought it was weird. The police told her ’Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.’The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over.
The policeman said, ‘We already have a unit on the way,whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.’ He told her that they think a serial killerhas a baby’s cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby He said they have not verified it,but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby’s cries outside their doors when they’re home alone at night.
Please pass this on and DO NOT open the crying baby —-The Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America’s Most Wanted this past Saturday when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana.I’d like you to forward this to all the women you know.It may save a life. A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle.
I was going to send this to the ladies only,but guys, if you love your mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, etc.,you may want to pass it onto them, as well.Send this to any woman you know that may needto be reminded that the world we live in has a lot of crazies in itand it’s better to be safe than sorry..Everyone should take 5 minutes to read this. It may save your life or love one’s life.